Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The One With the Birthday Boy

In the season of…this season…here’s a topical flashback:

It is my experience that nothing good ever happens on Fat Tuesday.

Rephrase.

Nothing that I would ever want mom and pops or any future significant others to know about EVER happens on Fat Tuesday.

Case in point: the events of Fat Tuesday, 2k7.

GeekU’s version of Cheers is a charming little establishment that is part restaurant (first floor), part bar (second floor), and part club (third floor). Levels of sketch increase the higher up you go. So much so that the third floor was a place you could only get me to go if it was clear that I no longer remembered my name.

Anyway.

The Bar staff/management decide to throw a Fat Tuesday party in celebration of all things God debauch. I, ever the loyal patron, hurry over immediately after practice (with bag full of gym clothes, toiletries, toothbrush, small children, you get the point…) to meet up with The Crew and get my drink on.

After 30 minutes I quickly realize it’s going to be one of those nights and take another shot of tequila as a de facto way of deciding class is NOT going to happen the next day. This is around the time I set my cross-hairs on a young chap I had kind-of, sort-of been eyeing for a few weeks around campus.

The kind of Girl Game that only presents itself when there is a little lot of liquid courage in play explains what happens next:

I bat my eyelashes. He comes over. It’s his birthday? Where are his friends? Staying in? Don’t worry, Young Chap, I’ll show you a good time. ::Drink Drink Shot Drink::

- Three Hours Later -

Me. One shoe. Heels in hand. Stumbling home from Casa de Young Chap through 3 inches of snow (seriously, in ONE shoe). 153 Mardi Gras beads around my neck.

Him. Going to sleep with a smile on his face because I gave him the best birthday present of his life.

Details. Hazy.
__________________________________________________
- Note to Self: Self, don't be such a slacker when updating the blog. ;)


Now playing: Asher Roth - I Love College
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

  1. haha! this is funny as shit...i like to give 'birthday presents' too! hehe! ;)

    ReplyDelete